Lusio Partis Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Fave time period to RP in?

News & Changes Vote_lcap10%News & Changes Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
News & Changes Vote_lcap18%News & Changes Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
News & Changes Vote_lcap150%News & Changes Vote_rcap 50% [ 6 ]
News & Changes Vote_lcap10%News & Changes Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
News & Changes Vote_lcap125%News & Changes Vote_rcap 25% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 12

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

Impugn

Eläinrata

News & Changes

2 posters

Go down

News & Changes Empty News & Changes

Post  Lusor Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:22 am

Dear members,

To keep you updated with the forum, news and changes will be posted below. 'News' that dates of longer than a month ago, is not longer 'new', so will be removed. They however stay in this first post for a little longer, just incase there are still people who haven't read.

Lusor.

Less recent:
Lusor
Lusor
Admin

https://lusiopartis.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

News & Changes Empty Re: News & Changes

Post  Hisao Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:35 pm

~cleaned this topic up~

I'm still not done with the full character sheet thing... But there's a few changes been in the meantime:
1) Lusor added two different ranks in moderators: one for the entire forum, one for "specialized moderators" (for one section). They're respectively called: Duces and Legati (sp?).
2) I added a category in the "Topics about RP" thing, which is tagged "Group". That means that all fictional places, groups, organizations, etc will get their information topic in that section as well.
3) I'd like to ask for MORE MEMBERS! Lusor doesn't know any text-based RP'ers (apart from me) so the popularity depends on the current members :I which aren't a lot atm, btw.
Hisao
Hisao
Admin

http://lpherald.99k.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Hisao Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:35 pm

Guess what? The forum is growing!

We reached:
200+ posts.
25+ members.

Major increase in the last month. I have to thanks mostly Xylliandrax for this, who did quite a bit of recruiting C: I believe the addition of about ten members is his doing. He's also the newest member of the Legati (moderator) team.

And myself a bit too xD. I'm still the Top Poster and recruited somewhat as well.

But good job. <3
Hisao
Hisao
Admin

Back to top Go down

News & Changes Empty *dances*

Post  Lusor Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:31 pm

Hahaha. I'm so happy ^_^

I however do have some more changes that I want to announce!

Ranking system:

Current situation

The rankings are slightly different now, like Hisao already indicated, but I'm going to explain them a bit more thoroughly.

Reges - "Kings" - the administrators. This group exists of the forum owner (Lusor, which is me) and the person responsible for the lay-out (BadAppleGhost).
Duces - "Leaders" - the overall moderators, who have to moderate the entire forum. So far, the only one in this category is Hisao.
Legati - "Legates" - the category-specific moderators, who are responsible for a specific part of the forum. We have Dakota to rule the games and talking forums, while Xylliandrax is doing a great job in the RP Rules section.

Changes on their way

There are still quite some forums that need their Legatus. My main focus at this moment is the RP Zone: as soon as three RP topics are decently ongoing (at least once or twice per day replied to), I am looking out to appoint a Legatus for that section.

As soon as over half of the time periods in the RP Zone have been appointed their Legatus, I will appoint an extra person as a Dux to help Hisao with the overall forum. I will look at the most logical person to appoint for this job, and ask them to add me on MSN to make some agreements.

I hope to be able to find someone capable of being a third Dux as soon as we,
  • pass the 50 members mark
  • have 10 active (online in the last three days) members
  • pass the 300 posts mark

I believe that will depend on the situation.

Subforum "Schola":

This is the only section of the forum (apart from the hidden forums, that no one can see, muahahah) that breaks the Duces-Legati rule. The Schola is a group on IMVU that Hisao - completely on her own - is responsible for. Other appointed Duces will have no say in this, unless Hisao explicitly asks different.

Those who join this forum merely for the Schola section are:
  • students
  • other staff members

They are allowed to ignore the rest of the forum and only read, pay attention to and respond to messages in that sub-forum. They will however still abide the general forum rules, especially if they plan on using the rest of the forum as well.

To the rest of the people:
You can easily ignore anything that is posted in the Schola section. Whatever is said there, does not apply to you. Have you joined this forum for other purposes yet you want to join the Schola group as well? Mention this to Hisao, I believe she'll gladly take another student/staff member.

I think that's it for now Smile
Lusor
Lusor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hisao Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:23 pm

First News in a year! Because no one ever (= 'Lusor never') posts when a change is made.

We reached:

40+ members
300+ posts

Newly implemented:

The portal:
  • now the new index page instead of the forum
  • contains the new chat box (chatango instead of forumotion one)

New (since last News message anyway) forum sections:
  • Brain Hurricane -> for people to discuss their RP thread ideas
  • Art and Fiction -> since RPers are so creative people o: if they want their own art there, chapters about their RPC's past, ...

Other changes:

Changed the "Abilities" section in the character template ('Describing your character') thread.

So far the changes! Hope to be updating again soon.

Love,
Hisao~
Hisao
Hisao
Admin

Back to top Go down

News & Changes Empty New Update

Post  Lusor Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:31 am

Dear Hisao,

Thank you for your kindness, I appreciate your compliments towards me in an amount that I cannot express in words. >_>;

Dear members,

As there have been new changes already, it is now time for another few announcements.

Forum Rules

In the forum rules thread, a new section has been made only for the sake of the freshly implemented Chatango chat box. So far I have not yet had any negative response of the new chat box. If no one else complains about the replacement of the old AJAX/standard forumotion chat box, then we will stick to the Chatango one.

I would also like to advise both the moderators as the members to read through the rules thread again, to check up on this newly added set of rules, in order to maintain them as much as possible.

Welcome Message

Not exactly relevant for the current members, it might still be interesting to be notified that I activated the Welcome Message just today, in order to link the new members to the first threads that could come in handy to check up on after joining. It should look like this:

Hello,

Welcome to the Lusio Partis Community, Guest. You are now our most newly acquired member, congratulations. We will do our best so that you will enjoy your (hopefully long-lasting) membership and feel at home in our role-playing community. If you encounter any difficulties in the future or know anything to improve the LPC, please let us know.

To set you off in the right direction, here are links to a couple useful threads on the forum:
The Forum Rules, that you should definitely read,
The Introduction Thread, a way to connect with the community,
Our Who-is-Who, to find out who you should be nice to,
The Q&A Section, to ask away,
And if you cannot find an answer to your questions in that last one, you can also ask any member present in the Chatango chatbox.

Take your time figuring out the different categories and sections of the forum, however. As long as you do not yet feel sure, we do not expect you to be able to post on a regular base. We are still not perfect at leading new members the right way, so forgive us for that.

Thank you very much for joining.
Sincerely,

Lusor,
Founder of the Lusio Partis Community.

Member Nicknames

As for the Latin nicknames I am giving to each member who has introduced him/herself in the introduction thread, I have updated everyone's nickname into the Who-is-who? already as well as included profile pictures.

On a side note: as these nicknames might not entirely seem fit after a while, since they are based upon a first impression, they might change in the future. If you would like to be notified of your own nickname change, or would like to have your say in this, feel free to post me a quick PM with said request.

This is it for now, until next update.
Lusor
Lusor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum